Sports Massage Therapist at The Centre:
Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments.
The techniques used by sports massage practitioners have been developed to ensure effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given. Each session is tailored to the unique requirements of the individual.
Among its many recognised benefits, sports massage may:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
You do not need to be a sports performer to benefit from a sports massage. The benefits above can also help relieve the many day to day problems, repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension, fatigue, that everyone experiences. Many sports massage practitioners work with a great range of clients in assisting with preventive treatment and injury recovery.